So, Did You Get a REAL Job Yet?

I got asked that question the other day, by none other than my son's bio dad.  Immediately before telling me that he's jealous because of how much free time I must have.

*head->desk*  lather.  rinse.  repeat.

He's not the first to say that to me, though, and I suspect he won't be the last.  It grates on my nerves.  I sort of want to hit people when they say that.  Good thing I've got (sort of) decent self control.

My family whines that it must not be a real job because I don't make a lot of money.  Nevermind that I have a roof over my head (that I'm buying), bills are all paid, and have food on the table.  I don't have the big screen TV and all the latest gadgets, so it must not be a real job.

Bah...

What do I do?  I spend the majority of my mornings typing.  Currently, the main source of my income is transcription.

Then in the early afternoon, after lunch, it's house cleaning time.  Considering I'm a slob, and my last house was an unholy mess... getting the dishes done everyday is a miracle...

After house cleaning time, it's time for Tarot and Oracle readings.  These, for now, tend to consist of freebie readings that I give to my peeps at a large forum that I belong to.  (Really need to quite doing that...)

Then I log onto the chat readings site for a couple of hours, hoping to snag a couple of readings, and build my clientele there.

Then I log onto the phone readings site for a couple of hours, hoping to snag a couple of readings, and build my clientele there.

I'd really prefer to do live, in person readings, but not having a car puts a bit of a damper on that.  (That situation, I have decided, WILL be resolved with the tax return coming next month...)  I know, I know, I should get some flyers made and post them, inviting people to come for readings to my home... and I'm mostly comfortable with the idea of that.... except that I'm a slob still working on making sure my new house doesn't become an unholy mess...

Now, during all this work, and sometimes the transcription ends up taking the place of all of the above... I'm also homeschooling my 11-year-old son.

So... if any of that sounds like it's not real work to you, please, please, please, please... trade places with me!

0 comments: